Saturday, August 25, 2007

What my Surabaya friends say

A few comments about Melville SHS from my Surabaya friends:

1. Seragam Melville SHS bagus sekali (this is compared to our national uniform -white shirt TUCKED into grey skirt/pants, then add a belt- which is quite boring, I think.. karena seragam itu harus dipakai di seluruh sekolah di Indonesia)
2. Pelajarannya asyik.. (i think the best thing is that you can study science, social, language and vocational subjects altogether in Australia.. kalau di Indonesia, ada jurusannya sendiri-sendiri)
3. Sekolahnya keren! (agreed.)
4. Cowoknya cakep-cakep ya? (okay.. no comments untuk yang ini)
5. Hebat, ada komputer berinternet di setiap kelas! (yay! but no myspace, friendster etc. ^^)

1 comment:

ibu kate said...

Wow! How interesting to hear about other people's impressions of school in Australia. It reminds to not take for granted what we've got. Having a computer in every room is quite normal nowadays but when I first started teaching ten years ago, I had to book a special computer lab for my students.

The same is with laptops. Most teachers rent laptops for only $5 a week. This is not much money but it gives us 24 hours access to a tool that helps us learn and teach more efficiently. Laptops were considered a huge luxury a few years ago. Now they are as common as calculators!

I suppose this blog would not have been possible without the computer access available at the school (I write this comment on my laptop during an evening an home!)